Security agencies will continue in efforts to rescue missing girls -Buhari assures Chibok parents  | Nigeria Today
Pages Navigation Menu

Nigeria news, headlines, events , stories and all that is trending today

Security agencies will continue in efforts to rescue missing girls -Buhari assures Chibok parents 

President Muhammadu Buhari today assured parents and relations of the abducted Chibok school girls that the Federal Government and security agencies will continue to explore all possible options for the safe return of the girls.
He assured parents and relations of the kidnapped Chibok girls that he frequently reflects on the ordeal of the captives in the hands of Boko Haram terrorists and shares the pain of their continued absence from home.
A statement by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on media and publicity, Garba Shehu, on the commemoration of the kidnap of the girls, said the President affirms that, as a parent and leader of the country, he understands the torment, frustration and anxiety of the parents and will not spare any effort to ensure the safe return of the girls.
“The President continues to believe that with the total commitment of the Federal Government, Nigerian Armed Forces and security agencies, and the support of the international community, the girls will be eventually rescued” Shehu said.
Thursday marked exactly 731 days since the girls were abducted from their school on the 14th of April 2014.
President Buhari notes that thousands of persons, mostly women and children, who were kidnapped by Boko Haram, have already been rescued and reunited with their families. He shares the hope of the parents that the Chibok girls will ultimately be rescued and reunited with their families as well.
President Buhari urges the parents to continue to exercise patience and understanding as the government works diligently to ensure that the girls return home unharmed.
The President thanks all Nigerians, religious and civil organizations, and the international community for their continued sympathy, support and prayers for the return of the Chibok girls.
Earlier, the BringBackOurGirls campaign group had been denied access to the Aso Rock while staging a walkathon as part of activities to mark the second year anniversary of the abduction of the 217 Chibok school girls.
Elizabeth Archibong

Do you have something awesome to share with the world? Click here to share

Do you ever have any question about anything you wish to ask and get answer? Click here to ask

Follow us on twitter @NigeriaTodayNG

Also, Like us on facebook

This post was syndicated from BusinessDay : News you can trust. Click here to read the full text on the original website.

Comments

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz
Download the Nigeria Today app from Play store. Click here download now
Hello. Add your message here.